View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 08:22 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I won’t go into any details, but I had a HORRIBLE experience at an ER a while back. This was at the largest hospital around and one of the major trauma centers in the area. They were treating me like some addict looking for a fix of pain meds. I kept telling them I had plenty of drugs at home - what I wanted was some treatment.

As soon as business offices opened that day, I called the ER administrator. Not the medical director, but the person in charge of the ER section as a business. I explained, in detail, all of the non-treatment and disrespect I got. She was appalled about what happened and vowed that there would be something done.

I never got a follow-up, but her reaction told me that she would certainly do something. I urge you to go ahead and fill out the survey card, but also write a separate letter or at least make a phone call to the department manager. They will want to know what is going on in their place of business. That survey card may only go to a marking firm, and your comments may not be seen by the "right" person.

Mike
bassman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (11-19-2009)