View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

[QUOTE=jannaw;590961]Montana is one of the states that allows medical marijuana use, I know about ten people that are using it, about half I would say are abusing it.

*** I hesitate to label anyone's use "abuse". Have I seen people who use far more than I do? Yes, of course. At another social event I attended, some guys were rolling cigar-size joints to pass around (of course, with my germ phobia, I never share a joint). My grower begins her day with vaping some and continues all through the day. Just because their use is more than mine, though, doesn't necessarily mean abuse.

*** Dependence and addiction is a problem with anything that alters your brain -- alcohol, tobacco and oxycontin are probably the most abused substances out there.

*** I agree with the general attitudes here: legalize and regulate. And, of course, tax it just like alcohol. Take it out of the shadows. MM will never replace my Lyrica because the purposes are different. Lyrica generally keeps my pain from going through the ceiling; MM helps to keep it relatively manageable.

*** I do have to say, though, that I wish I didn't have to use MM; the side effects (especially the "head" effects) are not my favorite parts of the day.

Cowboy

Last edited by rscowboy2005; 11-19-2009 at 10:49 AM. Reason: spelling correction
rscowboy2005 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote