View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Wiz,

The whitening toothpaste can cause tooth sensitivity in most people especially if it is used on a daily basis. It is very abrasive to the enamel and can actually contribute to tooth decay. SO, it's best to only use it a couple of times a week at most. A natural agent that brightens and lightens most people's teeth is good old baking soda! It can be a bit harsh on the gums if overused and/or too frequently. But if used sparingly 2-3 times a week, it is beneficial to the gums and brightens the teeth with no sensitivity!

Hope this helps somewhat...... and thanks for the kind words!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewizabeth View Post
I was thinking about it again today and I have changed my diet somewhat. I'm trying to lose some weight and added vinegar to my regular salad dressing to dillute it. Also, I brush my teeth an extra time with my husband's "whitening" toothpaste in the morning if I have a cup of coffee.

I get my teeth cleaned twice a year and I had it done last week. They tell my my gums are excellent and I floss each night so no extra gunk on the teeth.

I hope it's only that and not a consequence of the Tysabri. Thanks for your response, you're a real asset to the forum.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (11-19-2009)