View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 06:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

wow you pretty much just described everthing about her. I am going to do that test on her

Cassmom,

She may be "growing" into that birth injury.
TOS, is often associated with RSD/CRPS, and it's all got to do with the shoulders, arms, hands, ribs and upper musculature.(TOS) From what you're saying, I would really suspect the TOS first.

I have more questions about her pain?
1)Does it radiate up her neck, perhaps headaches, after exertion? Down her arms, weakness in her arms, fingers.? Tingling in the fingers?

2)Does she have deep, deep burning pain, like in the bones?
Skin feel cold, or hot?

The first set of questions would indicate TOS.
The 2nd, more like RSD/CRPS.

Here's a quick layman's test for TOS.
(Easier than it sounds)

Have your daughter stand in front of you, facing you in a well lighted room.
Have her raise her hands in like the "Stick em up" manner.
Arms @ a 90 degree to her body, then bent at the elbow, hands straight up in the air.
Now, have her 'push' her elbows rearward as far as possible, while slightly raising her hands. This might cause a "burn" in her shoulder blades, but it's only gonna take a minute or so.
What you're watching for is her pulse. @ her wrists.
Do her hands change color?
Pink to white?

If she loses her pulse and/or her hands turn white, that's a good indication that she's got TOS.
Most every knowledgeable Neuro and Hand / Arm / Shoulder surgeon will do this test.

Also, notice her at rest.
Does she normally "rotate her shoulders inward while sitting", (Shoulders forward) and drop her hands in to her lap, centrally? Does she like a pillow under her arms? For support?

If you want to PM me, I'd be happy to try to help more.

Pete
asb[/QUOTE]
Cassmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (12-11-2009)