View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

We lost so much in the old forum... we had many threads on h. pylori. It is one of the pages I need to recreate in The Gluten File and haven't done yet.

WorriedMom's son also had h. pylori that needed to be erradicated. I wish I knew if my daughter did, and it is one of the many things I feel went untested.

H. pylori is a likely trigger for gluten sensitivity developing because it damages the gut lining... leaky gut from any cause results in problems.

These things often go together. Chicken and egg. Is the food sensitivity primary or secondary? h. pylori cause is, or does h.pylori get its foot in the gut due to already damaged gut and compromised immune system??

Given your family history, I can understand why you wouldn't want to jump back to gluten~ but, the h. pylori needs to go.

I'm going to go look for some of old pages, sometimes we can find cached copies and rescue our old data.

Well, I found this one on h. pylori:
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=2

H.Pylori is also associated with lymphocytic gastritis and colitis, but so is gluten sensitivity. The diagnostics can be confusing.
http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

Thanks for the nudge to recover these. They'll soon be included in The Gluten File.

Nobody can say you can't have both h. phyori and celiac disease, but without a gold star diagnosis, nobody is going to call it celiac disease. It is good that the h. pylori was found! Finding other co-existing conditions is one of the pro's of having a biopsy done.

This study shows a significant association between H. pylori infection and iron-deficiency anaemia in patients with coeliac disease.
Link between Helicobacter pylori infection and iron-deficiency anaemia in patients with coeliac disease. PMID: 11761018

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 09-14-2006 at 10:07 AM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote