View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi there Mary,

Hang in there friend. Have you ever tried reading the "Mindfulness Solution to Pain" by Dr. Jackie Gardner- Nix? I bought in on Amazon. WC allowed me 10 sessions with a therapist, who introduced me to mindfulness. It is really a form of meditation, where you learn to live in the present. I must confess that I am not really very good at it yet, it takes a lot of practice. But people who incorporate it in their lives swear that it is an extremely effective means of reducing pain. There are some websites on it, too - you can google it.

I hope you will keep us updated on your journey with the pain pump. I am now into my 5th month of my sick leave, and still waiting to hear from my attorney on what has been approved by the WC insurance company/courts/judge whatever for me on ketamine infusions. More than likely nothing has happened and my case is just sitting in someone's inbox with a number on it.

Anyway - on Dec 3rd I see Dr. Philip Getson for an evaluation for ketamine infusions. They have a 70-80% success rate. What's going to be very cool for me is Getson's office has thermography equipment and he can take special pictures of all my RSD areas - giving me the proof that I need to show all doctors I see in the future that I've got RSD in certain spots.

I'm also interested in obtaining another opinion for future treatments on my RSD from a great RSD doctor... Like all of us, I SOOO want to get better and get on with my life!! For me that means going back to work with my pain under control. I will settle for nothing less.

Hang in there, Thanksgiving is going to be here, and then it will be time for your pain pump! I will be thinking of you!

XOXOX Sandy

Last edited by SandyRI; 11-20-2009 at 10:30 AM.
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote