View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Contrast baths

I do contrast showers all the time. WARM SHOWER TO COOL. Depending on what ur professionals say & what ur own body thermometer is accustom to. I am a TOS patient who develpoed RSD & FM so my personal regime is so off from the majority. When you end in warm then the muscles can move & the circulation begins to flow to the weakest areas. For me swelling increases in warm. I have to end in cool due to the Vascular & RSD swelling. It really does give me relief. So, see its crazy for me. Cold for this condition, warm for that condition, anything & everything for this condition. ahhhhhhhhhh! Its insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustkid View Post
Thank you all so much. I posted an answer but I am not sure where it went! I cannot thank you all enough! I did read the links, I am a bit confused though, does this apply for contrast baths without ice?? The temps were 15 degrees apart. His goal is to reach 20-25 degrees. we started out with the warm water at 85...

Thank you again!! for your support and understanding. I hate that someone else knows what I am going through, but I am also thankful I am not alone.

color="Black">Slowly I turn, step by step, inch by inch *The 3 Stooges
olecyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote