View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 12:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hi , I have RSD in Cervical and Thoriac Spine

Hi Bob, I have rsd in cervical and thoriac spine. I have perfectly clear MRI. Not even arthritis. Which is amazing after years of riding horses and competing. I would be in perfect health if I didnt have RSD. which I have full body.But forgive me- back to your question, how does it present in terms of pain? My thoraic spine is crippling pain, level 8, I can't stand for over a half hour , bend, etc. wears out with activity and then severe bone pain kicks in. I have to be careful to prevent flare ups and take it easy- take alot of breaks and sit down. I
As the day progresses severe burning on either side of my spine and then a rash follows the doctors call it a pain rash, basically the body screaming out from the pain, it runs up and down on either side of my spine.I try putting a back brace on, up very high, but it doesnt really help. The only thing that does are the meds which Ii hate to have to take.

My neck is a horror story.. terrible pain,weakness and in the morining neck immobility. My husband has to lift me out of bed as my neck is in too much pain to support the weight of my head. I was convininced for a while that it must be something else horrible like MS or ALS but as usual it turned out to be the continuing rage and damage or RSD.

As the day progresses , I guess from being upright and taking my meds, it improves til about 4 oclock by which time the weakness and pain sets in again and it becomes diffucult to hold my head up-so I put a neck brace on til bed. Then the whole drill begins over again the next day.
For me is progressive. It is getting worse with each passing day. Its terrifying.
I also have a frozen left shoulder. Which complicates things in the am. Sorry I cant post anything more positvie. I am begining tiggerpoint for my shoulder hoping to have some relief and the hyperbaric chamber next week as so many people seem to have been helped. I have tried everything else.

Good luck to you, I have read spent alot of time on the iternet trying to find th best relief for the neck. the only recurring recommendation I have found is triggerpoint injections which I have never had before. I will let you know how it goes. Take Care. CZ
CZZ74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dlouise (08-09-2009)