View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Jo*marr,

You hit right on what I was getting to. TOS can be a major cause of many of Donna symptoms. I have browsed the TOS forum and it is very narrow focused compared to my experience.

My TOS causes my IBS, my autonomic dysfunction (possibly combined with upper neck inflammation), problem with my left arm and hand, etc.

My BP has dropped so low that I could barely get out of a chair (80/40). My blood sugar has dropped below 50. If a coroner had found me, he would have told someone to bury me. LOL

The problem I found was finding a physician who has a broad view of how to treat it. A Physiatrist referred me to a fabulous Physical Therapist. I have only found on chiropractor out of 10 I have tried, who could treat my TOS as well as my 'miracle worker' PT has. A Chiropractor I have seen for 20 years tried and could not help and referred me to the Physiatrist.

I hope we can direct Donna to a source of help. I went two years with severe IBS. My bowels were bloated and non-functional. I had paralytic ileum according to my PT. My ileal cecal valve would get stuck closed. She would manipulate it and would be rush hour in my bowels.

My C6 and C-7 were injured in 2001. It took two years of routine PT to get function back. Now, I can use a home massage machine to loosen up C-6, C-7 and the related TOS.

Why is it that head injury patients rarely get any orthopedic analysis of their upper spine? It seems like a brain dead concept to me. Bang the head, injured the spine. Maybe we need to teach the doctors that old song.

Lets all sing it.

The head bone's connected to the neck bones.
The neck bones' are connected to the back bones
and sometimes connected to false rib bones
especially for those of us with TOS

Maybe we need to work on the melody and timing for the last line. LOL

On another forum, a member is trying to start a political party called "The Experts are Clueless Party." Then maybe we can get some health reform that helps. LOL

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
concussionkate (11-30-2009)