View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

In 94, I was dizzy and tired but between have little kids and working was not too concerned. In 2002 told my PCP my worsening urine (urge incontinence) was a problem. She pooed-pooed me, attributing it to twin birth and age. I said I thought it was neurological. Having sent me to a neuro-opthamologist who found nothing, she sent me to a neuro after making me promise to stop looking for answers if he also found nothing. After Evoked Potenials, LP, MRiI- there was no question I had MS. And here I am. For 8 years It wasn't baD, FOR 2 YEARS AFTER DIANOSIS i THOUGHT "NOT TOO BAD, NOT DEVASTAting like I've read. (attack of the caps., sorry) But walking got worse, in 98 went in a chair in 09 stopped walking all together. I have no pain, but left side not very responsive. I have no tingling but can't walk either. BUT, we all differ in our Journey. I read of people still on plateaus after years and years or those who progress quickly. Who knows?

I do not agree with feeling PP is the worst. I hear stuff about RR I do not ever have to feel - I just don't walk.

My first neuro (now director of MS Clinic at Johns Hopkins) put RR on form, but now I read most Neuros do as Insurance will not ok DMDs to PPs and DX of RR gives patients a chance to try DMDs. From lesion size and amount (less in PP than RRs!!) and having never relapsed and anecdotal history, I self-DXed PP, confirmed by neuros after. 1st neuro became unavailable to me. I've done Rebif and Novantrone, 4-AP all with no success. Want to try LDN, which my current neuro will not prescribe but will use info you gave me to get it.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Aarcyn (11-22-2009), msbluis (10-05-2016), SallyC (11-21-2009), SandyC (11-21-2009)