View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
It is easy to overdose with a resulting 'cholinergic' crisis often resulting in death.
This is what really ticked me off about the article - it's lack of basic knowledge of MG and drugs. It is not that easy to overdose if you have a good doctor. And a good head on your shoulders. AND truly understand what the drug Mestinon does and why and what you shouldn't do with it.

I believe that there are things that will make MG worse - that are proven to make it worse - like infections, stress, heat, etc. And I also believe, in keeping with the basic scientific view of any situation, that a person's immune system can be made better as well. Lupus can get worse if people are in the sun but doesn't necessarily "go away" if they aren't.

And it is hard to "unring" diseases or conditions like cancer. It's much easier to prevent an illness from coming on. It's hard to reverse that genetic/DNA/RNA damage once it occurs.

However, I agree with Alice on this particular article/website.

Did my MG get worse after my B12 deficiency? Yes. Did it go away after the B12 deficiency was properly treated? No.

And I am taking sensible supplements from reputable companies, including manganese, and my MG is not gone.

Patrick, you always have to be wary of people trying to sell products, as I'm sure you know. We all want to think, if we just do this or that, our MG will get better or go away. Personally, I think activities alternating with rest goes a long way to keeping MG stable. I know there are those whose MG is so bad that they have to be on lots of drugs, so I'm not saying only rest will help!!!

I know you were trying to be helpful, Patrick, and I appreciate that. You are really struggling right now and want to feel better. I hope you and your doctors can find the best balance for you.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote