View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 11:48 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Okay, here's the thing about spines. What shows up on the MRI, you may not have pain at the site, but sx all over heck. Or it may not show on the MRI, and cause you all sorts of trouble. But also, spine things are like neuro things; if you have one, odds are you have or will have more.

Do the PT and see if it helps. I was skeptic too, but it did help. And you CAN have sx the the docs and textbooks do NOT list or address as oming from any spine thing, neuro disorder, etc. People with ms are told all the time there is no pain. Yeah, right. And I am told I can't have heat/cold intollerance - I say whuddevah!

Usually my neck is sore, but not always. But even when NOT, I can have sx in my hands that are exactly like ms - tingling, electrical zaps, numbness, dropping things etc.

There may be something else going on with you as well, but since yo know you have some kind of spine issue, don't ignore it. Take care of your spine and find what makes it feel healthier. For me, not getting too cold, sleeping comfy, not straining or doing too heavy work - all this helps. A little moving around, I can tell what is good moving and what is bad.

Yoga for beginners is good. I take calcium/vit D supplements, magnesium and try to get some sunlight. Fish oil helps keep me from feeling too cold in the winter. Swimming is good like our poet Kicker says.

It's a full time job just taking care of me, lol.

You will find little coping tricks along the way too. It sounds silly maybe - it did to me, when I started. But now, you are so NOT taking my fish oil, lol.

Good luck.

Debbie D (11-29-2009), Freesia38 (11-21-2009)