View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Hi,
You might be interested in reading on our Thoracic outlet syndrome forum.
TOS for short, it has some of the same symptoms you mention.. and is not a well known condition, so is often missed or mis-dxed.

more info here-

Is the tingling/buzzing actually in that muscle or could it be the muscles under that one?
the rhomboids are located under that muscle in the same area.

My rhomboids will get sore and weak if I allow my shoulders to roll forward for too much time.
Basically they can get overstretched pretty easily.
i was actually "diagnosed" with bilateral TOS a year back, but i wasn't sure if the tingling in the back was related to that.. i had/still have much of the symptoms but to a lesser extent since my active release chiro helped free up the radial nerve.. tinel's sign is still present bigtime at my ulnar nerve near my elbow as well as if i click over my armpit area i get percussion as well- both bilaterally as well as sometimes the medial at my wrist but to a lesser extent..

as far as the back tingling, it probably is under the muscle like you said.. id think if it was actually my trap i'd feel it higher up as well since its one muscle.. my chiro told me there is a key nerve bundle in that area, and he will always adjust the area and say "well that was the problem", yet literally on the car ride home i still got the tingling..

Quote:
Well sounds like it could be a rib at the facet joint in the thoracic region pressing on a nerve

Or it could be a pinched nerve up in the upper brachial plexus like the long thoracic nerve that is pinched and the pain is referred.
For something like this, which type of doc should i see? orthopedic specializing in back? neurologist? pain management doc?

appreciate the help, thanks
Mikeyson3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (11-22-2009)