View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default My heirloom project

I have LOTS of heirloom-type items that I've inherited from both sides of my family...nothing of much intrinsic value, but things like my grandmother's baby doll, a napkin holder my Grandpa made for me, a lamp my dad made, some portraits, souvenirs, etc. Most everything is "yard sale value", except for the memories.

It occurred to me that not only will my children and grandchild not remember the stories behind these things, someday I may not remember them myself. After I'm gone, a lot of things will be "junk" to them. It will be theirs to keep or dispose of as they wish, but I want them at least to know the stories before they decide.

God bless the person who invented the digital camera! I've been taking pictures of things, printing them out as a wallet size or 3X5 print on a full-size sheet of white paper, and then writing the information on the paper next to the picture.

I'm filing these in my "After I Croak" file for my daughter. Some of them I've noted who should get a certain thing...my son the old pump organ, my daughter the marble top table, my granddaughter my mother's little red chair, etc. The rest they can draw straws or duke it out, whatever. But at least they'll know what's what.

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
braingonebad (11-22-2009), Dejibo (11-22-2009), Jodylee (11-23-2009), Kitty (11-22-2009), Koala77 (11-21-2009), Riverwild (11-22-2009), SallyC (11-21-2009), TwoKidsTwoCats (11-21-2009)