Thread: Sunshine
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2009, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertFlower View Post
I have been thinking about sunshine and its positive effects and our immune system.

I have noticed that I have more energy if I spend a short time (15 to 30 minutes) every day in the sunshine. Sunshine seems to minimize my MG symptoms that I still have even with Mestinon.

I have been researching this and have found that there are definite reasons to get a little sunshine every day. Mostly the vitamin D our body creates from sunshine, but also there is a positive effect on our immune systems.

Does anyone else notice a positive from sunshine? or a negative one?

I am curious.
DF, we are TOTALLY on the same page!! Sunshine makes a HUGE difference in how I feel -- a POSITVE effect. My computer is in a room with a Southern exposure -- three HUGE windows -- so, even if I am not outside, I feel like I am getting the "light". I am, in a way, addicted to sunshine. If I go for more than a couple of days without, I start feeling "withdrawal"!!

Fortunately, I am far enough South that I CAN get enough sun during the winter to make a difference in my Vitamin D levels. I have a sheltered area -- the walls of my house protecting me on the North and East. I have an outdoor lounge chair backed up next to the brick walls where I bask in the afternoons.
DesertFlower (11-22-2009)