Old 11-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default Be careful

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Today, i woke up where everything bothered the living shtt out of me.

Dear Waves,
One guess is that you woke up feeling this way, so it was not the activity of the day, although the activities you describe sound like a problem for certain days.
If this is close to Valium's half life, then you might have been near the four day mark of the half life (and these half lives vary considerable from person to person (if I remember right about how this works).

Also, you say you are reducing by 5%-10%. Maybe some of the cuts / tapers are going to need 5% rather than 10%.
And maybe sometimes the cuts need to be further apart than the 1-2 weeks suggested. If this cut was hard, then maybe go 3 weeks until the next one.

Some thoughts:
Any chance that you would benefit from dosing twice a day instead of once a day? Perhaps you already do that.

The internet instructions (consensus?) are to stay at a decrease once you have made the decrease. But go by what your body mind is telling you. You can go back up to the last dose and sit there awhile if you need to.

There are some meds that might be able to help you according to this abstract:
http://journals.lww.com/psychopharma...tinuing.3.aspx
Quote:
Benzodiazepines have been shown to have broad-spectrum activity, rapid onset of action, and a wide therapeutic window compared with other anxiolytic medications. Yet the use of benzodiazepines has been limited by concern regarding dependence, withdrawal, and abuse.

Agents such as antidepressants, serotonergic anxiolytics, anticonvulsants, and β-blockers have been used with varying degrees of success to help facilitate the tapering of benzodiazepines.

Carbamazepine, imipramine, valproate, and trazodone have been beneficial in the management of benzodiazepine discontinuation, but not in decreasing the severity of benzodiazepine withdrawal. A stepwise approach to discontinuing benzodiazepines is offered.

It's hard to assess against the day you had. So wait one or two more days to decide if it was the cut that caused the day.

Here's what my pdoc did when I messed up a Xanax taper (without checking with him first):
He put me on higher my original starting dose for four days.
. . . . not saying you will need to do that. . . . just showing you how my pdoc handled it.

You'll have to see how you feel tomorrow to know what happened today.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (11-21-2009), Dmom3005 (11-22-2009), Isis (11-22-2009), waves (11-21-2009)