View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
natscoolma,

Sorry to hear about your struggles.

Do you remember what was happening at the concert when you got the stabbing feeling? Were there flashing lights, thumping sounds, etc. that may have triggered your symptoms?

Has your neuro suggested an MRI/MRA or CT with contrast? This looks at the vasculature in your head. What kind of treatment did they give you in the ER? Stroke meds?

What about a neuro-opthamologists exam?

I would be concerned about two things.
What caused the stabbing pain?
and Did you have a seizure
or did you pass out from the pain
or did you have a mini-stroke?

I would suggest you start a journal.
List:
How you feel in the morning.
How you slept.
Did you dream.
What kind of dreams.
Did you fall asleep easily.
Any changes in feeling or mood during the day.
Any changes in vision.
Did you need a nap.
Are you emotionally sensitive. crying or anger
Are you sensitive to sounds.
Sensitive to bright lights or flashing lights.

Note things like struggles with word finding, visual memory, auditory memory.

Ask your family and friends if they notice a difference in your behavior or personality.

Compare your 'after' symptoms to your 'before' recollections.

You will be a far better source of information that an EEG or neuro-psych assessment alone, although both are valuable.

The neuro-psych report will be very interesting.

I would not be surprised if the EEG comes back as normal. Intermittent seizures are hard to recreate in a timely fashion, i.e.
when you are hooked up to the equipment.

The journal will help with two things.
Chart your symptoms so you can tell them to your doctors.
And chart your symptoms so you can tell if you are improving or getting worse over time.

Until they get some idea of what has happened. just relax and lay low. Avoiding stress and getting rest are very good for the near term.

And, avoid caffeine, MSG, and aspartame as they can have a negative impact on your brain.

There are good nutrition suggestions that are always good for a injured brain.

My best to you.
Hi. Thank you for you reply. I don't remember anything after the hot stabbing pain. I was told by my boyfriend that I asked him to take me to the bathroom then I went down stiff and convulsed on the floor for a minute or so. There was a lot of white bright lights at the concert. It was small venue-no seating, and we were 20 or so feet from the stage. The hospital did not give me anything. They said I probably fainted and said I could leave when I could walk out on my own,that took a few hours. As for my eyes, I work in a jail. We get yearly eye exams. My vision was nearly 20/20 3 months ago. I went to the eye Dr last week and need progressive bifocals. I am sensitive to noise but it is not to bad. If the EEG comes out normal, the Dr wants to do a tilt table test. I will keep a journal. That is a great idea. Thank you. Aimee
natscoolma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (11-22-2009)