View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 12:50 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I guess cats are a bit like us Wiz, in that they all have their own temperments, likes and dislikes.

I don't know if your fur baby will accept another but I guess the only way to find out for sure is to go for it! If your sister already has this little one, could you try a weekend visit and see what happens?

As spoiled as our older male cat was, he accepted the new ones we later got without any problems. We got him at 6 weeks old and he was my daughter's first (and only) pet for many years so you can imagine how special he was made to feel! He went everywhere with us when we moved houses, when we moved states.

Later we got a dog, a big German Shepherd! The cat had no trouble getting on with the dog, and then we took in a stray cat. The cat was in the family way when we got her, so she had kittens, and all of a sudden we had one dog and 6 cats... and they all got on!

I have photos of the cats and kittens climbing all over our Shepherd and there were times when I actually felt sorry for the dog. He put up with an awful lot from those cats, and he never growled, never complained!

We eventually ended up with 3 cats....2 boys and one girl including the original boy cat and 2 of those little kittens ... all of them spayed, all of them friends.

All of them have crossed the Rainbow Bridge now but all of them lived a long and happy life (as in 14-16 human years).

Gosh... I got a bit off track there didn't I?

Anyway, back to the original topic.... I say go for it!

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (11-22-2009), mrsD (11-22-2009)