View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Just throwing this out there for those of you who know more about this and have been keeping track of CCSVI.

In all that I have read so far, they talk about the blood brain barrier and stents to help unclog arteries/veins in the brain. But what about the spinal cord? I, like others on here, have t-spine lesions as well. Would Zamboni's theory hold true for spinal lesions? How would they stent the veins/arteries within the spinal cord? I can't seem to find anything about CCSVI and spinal cord lesions.

Also, is it possible that these are 2 different diseases? That people who only have brain lesions actually have a vascular disease but those who have lesions in other places have something else? And, if CCSVI some type of a congenital condition, wouldn't it tend to run in families more often? Or, again, is CCSVI a different disease?

Why is it that MS has areas within the brain that it "likes"? (

So many questions. Sorry, just trying to get a better understanding. CCSVI truly makes sense in regards to the brain. In my mind, I liken it to a stroke.
tkrik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (11-22-2009), dmplaura (11-22-2009), Riverwild (11-22-2009), SallyC (11-22-2009)