View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--over to one of these support group meetings, Mel.

At least they don't have lots of cookies, right?

I used to walk into the Cornell-Weill Center for Peripheral Neuropathy, which is housed in quite a luxurious suite of offices, with lots of amentities (including a cable TV room, which is where a lot of the IVIg patients hung out during infusions), and constantly chide them about how there were always cookies and pastries people had brought in, which, considering the number of diabetics in the place, didn't seem to be a well-thought-out idea . . .
GLEN!!!! THEY DON'T HAVE COOKIES???? Are you kidding?

I should have taken a picture of the left side of the room. It's like ONE LONG BUFFET TABLE. Plates of cookies. (I think they are Pepperide Farm). Then to the right, there are silver carafes of steaming coffees, flavored, de-caf, etc. Hot boiling water for Tea. All kinds of international teas. And bowls of fruits.

And to the left of the table, there are bottles of teas, cans of soda, bottles of water, YOU NAME IT, THEY SERVE IT.

But I always make my muffins and I bring a tin of my muffins to this meeting each month. They last approximately one minute.

Last Thursday I made a batch of Peanut Butter, Banana Chocolate Chip.

Believe me, YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE THE MEETING.

Now sometimes I bring sugar free stuff, but I figure, one muffin isn't going to hurt anyone. I have to hit Alan over the head not to take more than one muffin.

I sometimes make blueberry muffins (with fresh blueberries). But the ones I made this past Thursday,

THAT WAS A HALLELUJAH MOMENT!!

I never have any left over.

You should come next December 17th. I can never make the promise that I or Alan will most definitely be there because sometimes things happen (like the Access a Ride doesn't show up, or Alan has a foot thing going on, but oddly enough I have only missed one or two meetings in a few years.

It's a good group with lots of diverse opinions on everything from IVIG to what kinds of creams work.

So come if you can. At least you'll get a muffin.

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (11-22-2009)