View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 03:58 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

You definitely added too many things at once, making it hard to tell what you're reacting to. My son Tom has epilepsy. We went dairy-free and discovered it was his major seizure trigger. As a result of going dairy-free, we were able to wean him off his seizure meds (yay!). And, we've been able to determine the trigger of all seizures since then. One of those being *coconut*. Tom has been GF since last February. Gluten seems to be a source of brain-fog, so it's harder for me to tell. We added cod liver oil at some point since going GF and I did not notice any differences (good or bad), although I do believe it's good for his brain and we're continuing it. I *just* started him on a liquid version of l-glutamine yesterday morning. I noticed his legs looked a little rashy last night, but haven't decided if it's a coincidence or not.

I don't know if this helps you at all. I really think you should wait a few days and then add them back one at a time.... preferably a week apart. Good luck, and I hope your stomach settles back down quickly.

Quick add: we got our l-glutamine through our DAN! doctor, so I wasn't worried about the GFDF factor.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote