View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 02:20 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
kind of like having seagrams cater an AA meeting or OTB a gamblers anonymous meeting
Well to be perfectly honest, this is NOT a diabetic neuropathy support group meeting. People who come to this meeting have various reasons for their neuropathy. Only a few have diabetes.

The rest have CIDP, neuropathy from Chemotherapy, neuropathy due to compressed discs in their backs, alcohol related neuropathies, and many, many, have idiopathic. We don't get the same number of people coming each month because of weather, and some people can't walk that well, or have balance problems.

But when a lot of them show up, it's like a big get-together. It's usually on the 33rd floor but lately it's been held on the 34th floor.

That law firm (who donates the big room and gives us all the stuff on the table), well, it's very very kind of them to do this.

I've been to NAMI meetings and Gamanon meetings and all they had was a bag of chips and a big thing of coffee (with a spigot), and various cakes. But the meetings are held in small rooms in churches.

This?? Well, the first time I went to a meeting of this support group, Alan and I looked at each other and said "Whoa, this ain't no NAMI meeting".

BIG difference.

But honestly, it's not where the meeting takes place, it's what we get from going to the meetings, and what we pass on what we've learned. For example, because I was helped by Methyl B-12 (which I learned from this forum), well I gave this presentation about Methyl B-12.

You'd be surprised at how many people are now taking Methyl B-12.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (11-22-2009), mrsD (11-22-2009)