View Single Post
Old 11-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

This type of MS is characterised by a gradual progression of the disease from its onset with no remissions at all. There may be periods of a leveling off of disease activity and, as with secondary progressive, there may be good and bad days or weeks. PPMS differs from Relapsing/Remitting and Secondary Progressive in that onset is typically in the late thirties or early forties, men are as likely women to develop it and initial disease activity is in the spinal cord and not in the brain. Primary Progressive MS often migrates into the brain, but is less likely to damage brain areas than relapsing/remitting or secondary progressive - for example, people with Primary Progressive are less likely to develop cognitive problems.
Sadly, this is the most positive thing I've read. PP is not labeled the wrse that can happen. I was 46 at diagnosis, I'd had a couple of adventures.

Re: CCSVI sounds great but not PP-friendly Any thoughts? (no, Bufflo too far away for me, anyone going to trial testing there?) They are just looking at veins, no shunts/shents
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-22-2009)