View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I see lots of smoke everywhere, but no fire, and it has caused me to become very cynical

We have a disease that makes us worth more to the pharma co's sick than cured

And with all the millions of dollars that the APDA, PAN, PDF, etc..raise in the name of research, the only beneficiaries that I see for their efforts thus far, are the lobbiests, the employees of these organizations, and the people who are drilling holes in our heads needlessly..I was a PAN advocate for R.I. for 2 years, and when I found out about the irresponsibly hazardous working conditions at the NETRP labs, I resigned..That, and the fact that I when I couldnt make it to the PAN forum to make my lobby appointments, because I couldnt walk due to a nasty bout with pantar fasciitis, they wanted me to fly out there anyway on a Monday to keep those appointments..They didnt seem to get it, that I was in too much pain to walk..I also was a board member of my local APDA..I just up and quit..I didnt even bother turning in a resignation..Then I get these newsletters in my e-mail from various pd organizations, with pages full of articles and to what avail?..Like MJF said at the WPC.."What we dont need is another dopamine agonist"..But what has come down the pike lately?..Azilect..and I cant afford it............

For me anyway, nothing has changed..Accept it, see my Neuro, eat my Sinemet, and make the best out of it
paula_w (11-23-2009)