View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 08:49 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Hi,

I was on Lyrica for about a week and started gaining weight. Gained 17 lbs in no time. I still have about 10 of that to get off and can't. The side effects were horrible too. My feeling is that if you gain up to 60 lbs. on a med, and that's what I have seen as an average on here and from people I have talked to then to me, it's not worth it to take. Putting on so much weight puts you in a catagory of getting more medical problems, so it's a no win situation.

I just went off of Crestor cold turkey last month and the side effects from doing that was horrible. I went off of my Methadone cold turkey last year and didn't have any of the side effects I had from the Crestor.

I do agree with Pete on this medication thing. I think the kickbacks are so great on some of the worst ones that they hand them out like candy without trying any thing else. My step-son told me yesterday he went to the Dr. for his shoulder thinking they would give him a shot in it to help it and they gave him narcotics and muscle relaxers. Triggerpoint injections do help a lot of things, also PT, blocks. No kickbacks on these things though.

Ali, I am glad that you are doing better. I hope you can get that extra weight off. I started walking again to try and get mine back down.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote