View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The electrician just called. I think I'm going to have to go get those sliders. The electrician will be here after 3pm. Maybe I can just get the remaining desk pulled away from the wall. Which means I might have to move my iMac. I wonder if I can lift that? (my neck still really hurts!)

My room looks weird to me without one of the big boxy desks in here. Feels so much bigger in here without it. If I hadnt had those big boxes in here, I could have had a dresser and my little couch and my great-uncle's chair in here all this time.

I've got a little over 7feet of space between my bed and the empty space on the wall. Once I get my built-in desk there, I'll have 6 feet of space between the bed and desk. (with the big boxy desks, I think there was really only about four feet or a little over that between the bed and desks. There was a lot of airspace between the desks and the wall)

I just cant wait to gain the extra storage, and I'm glad that I wont ever have to move the new desk.

Hopefully I'll be able to control all the dust easier. My throat is sore this morning because of all the dust that got kicked up (and dumped on my head when the boyfriend was wiping my old box desk down) The desk is going to be antique white wood, with a darker, not-quite-black Corian countertop. I'll at least be able to see the dust. The cleaning lady will be allowed to dust this desk, because I'm keeping it much much tidy-er than my big wood/particleboard box desks. (I'll have a couple of drawers and cabinets with doors to stash my junk inside of)

I've been taking in-progress pictures (basically before and after pictures) of my room, so maybe I'll post pictures of the new desk when it's finished.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote