View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:17 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Unhappy Happy Thanksgiving

How are you folks getting ready for Thanksgiving?

I'm feeling like the T-Day version of scrooge.
The last few years hubby and I did nothing for Thanksgiving and I liked it that way.

This year I agreed to an invite to my friend's house.
She is trying to learn to cook and has improved to the level of not-disgusting (sorry - not nice but true). She is serving food that I can't eat or will not eat

-cornish game hens -- a little disgusting for me because I don't like eating things that look like birds
-stove top stuffing with raisins -- can't eat wheat / gluten
-green beans or broccoli with canned cheese sauce -- her brother likes this
-sweet potatoes with marshmellows and whatever else goes into that mish mosh (yuck)
-key lime pie--no wheat / gluten
=-=-=
-cranberry sauce in a can -- this I can eat
-deviled eggs --this I can probably eat

She's being a little bossy and said she had everything taken care of (??)!
I'm supposed to bring fresh flowers. Also I told her that hubby and I would be bringing his mini rice steamer because he likes rice better than stuffing. Hubby wants me to bring potato chips too. (Did I say that I don't feel like doing Thanksgiving?)
I'm going to pack my soy yogurt and hummus for myself and maybe some ice cream for everyone else. And some leftover Sprite from a school event.
Most of the time, I offer cash to help pay for her costs, but this time on the phone she acted like she wouldn't except any.
She did make it very clear that she REALLY wants fresh flowers. I'll bring the flowers.

I agreed to go because she really enjoys cooking and having people over. And she and I are family -- we've been together for 30 years now.

Sorry to complain and whine. I'm tired. And I have lots of work to do.
And I'd rather hangout with her some other time when it is not turkey day.

M.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-24-2009), Dmom3005 (11-24-2009), waves (11-26-2009)