View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim ames View Post
Hi! Thank you! I will contact most of them at 9:00 tomorrow. You seem very educated on this subject. Something of promising interest...Hmmm, what gives here? Much needed sharing on RSD? Are you a Doctor? Please share with us your information. I feel a wealth of worthiness in your wisdom...
Thanks, but I'm no doc. Just grew up in a family of them in Rochester, Minnesota, bosom of the Mayo Clinic. As it is, I'm just a broke down old "inactive member of the State Bar of California," who's had too much time on his hands since being forced into something of an involuntary retirement of my own in 2003, almost two year after finding this new frame of reference. Then too, I spent 20 years as a pretty decent legal researcher, and it turned out that translated directly into being able to navigate PubMed. Finally, among the new friends I made when a pain psychologist strongly urged me to pursue meditation, initially by way of a now 30 y.o. program called "Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction" (MBSR) out of the U. Mass. Med. School http://www.umassmed.edu/Content.aspx?id=41252 with thousands of its trained teachers across the country, were graduate students who could download almost anything I wanted gratis.

The only problem is, I don't have the memory I used to, so unless I've actively thought about something within the last few months, it tends to dry out and blow away with the wind.

So it goes.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyS (11-24-2009), SBOWLING (11-28-2009)