View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Dear Mari

I'm sorry you got sort of cornered.

It sounds like you have a good plan as far as dealing with the food part. I'm sorry your friend is not taking into consideration your dietary needs. That is certainly something i do when having over someone with special dietary considerations (of ANY sort, for ANY reason, on ANY day) and especially on what she considers a celebration where people are supposed to be able to relax and she claims has "everything under control."

it sounds like you essentially must fix and bring your own grub... hummus and yogurt sound good though. also you can eat some rice, right? sigh.

Good luck with the flowers.

i have therapy on T-day as here it is not celebrated. mom usually makes me a turkey dinner with other trimmings. she uses a breast-of-turkey roast in a rolled form though - it does not resemble any living form. still this year i tried to say skip the turkey but it was too late... easier to have it than to argue against it throughout the holiday. it is nice of her - she does it so *I* can have a Thanksgiving dinner ... it is not celebrated here. Ideally, you and i should swap locations for the last 2 weeks of November, lol.

i am wanting to bring something to pdoc as a 'thank you' for continuing to see me (like maybe a little basket of dried fruit or something - figs, dates, nuts...) but i feel drained as is and this deadline i have has priority. he will not miss it, lol.

well, i hope your outing turns out not too much of a big do, and that you can relax. if that happens, then perhaps it will be ok. and it won't matter that it is Thanksgiving... (ironically).

:hugs:

~ waves ~
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-24-2009), Dmom3005 (11-24-2009), Mari (11-25-2009)