View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 09:46 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Medical profession dicrimination

Has anyone else on here that suffers Chronic Pain,been dicriminated against by the "so called" medical prfessionals.A few years ago I had gone into a Hospital claiming I was having intense abdominal pain.When I told them I was on Chronic Pain management,thinking they would take me more seriously ,considering I should not be feeling any pain at all.I sat in a lobby 4 days strait for up to 13hrs.waiting to be seen.I was never seen.After the 4th day I finally came to the realization that the woman at the desk just thought I was looking for drugs, and I would eventually give up and go away.So I went to my primary physician finally,and was rushed strait to surgery from her office.I was having an acute Gallbladder attack.By the time I finally got in the hospital,I was almost in complete organ failure.I was in intensive care for 9 days and had to recieve 5 blood transfusions just to get the poison out of my body.This is not the only time this has happened.Does anyone know of any organizations I can join to make the Medical community more aware of the fact they are potentially killing patients,by discriminating against them ??
AndieB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (11-28-2009)