View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 10:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerngq View Post
I am currently taking Morphine Sulfate 100MG twice a day, Vicodin 7.5/500 twice a day, and Cyclobenzaprine 10MG once a day at night. I have been on the morphine for over 2 years and it is starting to lose its effectiveness. (In the past, I have used the Fentanyl patch with little effect. I have also taken Oxycontin, Percocet, and Kadian) I am in search of other medications that I can research to take the place of the morphine. My PM is very open to my suggestions and opinions. Then he looks at the situation and makes his own decisions on treatment.
Right now, the front runner to replace the morphine is Methadone. I really need advice on other medications that would be effective in my situation. What are you taking and how does it affect you? What suggestions do you have?
Thanks for your help.
You are on some heavy doses.Your Dr may believe you are just abusing your meds,so be careful with that one,you do not want to be red flagged.My insurance co.did it to me once thinking I may be Dr. shopping since I was on a desperate search for a cure.( I really was not looking for meds)I was on Methadone once,and I can honestly say if you can avoid that medication,do it.It worked great for the pain,but the side effects were horrible.My teeth started rotting out of my head almost instantly.Then I had to withdraw off of itThe worst experience of my life,and I was only taking it for three weeks.This medication lodges itself in your bone marrow,and the withdrawal time is at least 10 fold,comared to any other med.So go into that one lightly.
AndieB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote