View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 02:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adomas View Post
Facet Hypertrophy at L4-5 and L5-S1with resulting bilateral neural foraminal stenosis at L5-S1 left greater than right.
L - lumbar spine area and S - sacral area. It is a hypertrophy of spinal facet joints, usually due to normal ageing process. The hypertrophy can cause back pain for some persons and decrease the flexibility of the spine. The foraminal stenosis means that there is a pressure on a nerve passing from spine In a broader sense it means a disk degeneration: protrusion-bulg, disk flattening. If the MRI was done, perhaps you had any radiculopathy or sciatica symptoms Good luck.

Adomas[/QUOTE]

I also have an MRI question and since there are some good responses here, perhaps I can get an opinion from someone as well.

I will just list the impression unless someone wants the other info:

Multilevel degenerative changes of the cervical spine, most prominent at C3-4 and C5-6 where there is a significant central canal stenosis with cord contact and flattening. Multilevel neural foraminal stenosis as described above. Correlate with symptoms in these distributions.

I cannot get the MD to explain this to me. I really want to know what this means so that I have a better idea of why I am feeling the way that I do.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provided.
dazedandconfused is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote