View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:11 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Default cold feet

I guess my main confusion is that the Dr who will be implanting the SCS told me to come to the procedure WITH my pain meds on board .....so how will i be able to tell him if he's got the leads placed right??
But when i was getting ready to leave from our consultation visit, he simply said, when you go home with the trial, just don't get confused about the pain of withdrawals vs. getting relief from the SCS. mwah??
Don't get me wrong, this guy is very renowned and confident and has a good reputation with these implants and alll.....but i'm just confused because I don't see how to get an accurate response when trying to decifer if the SCS is gonna work? I need to hear from SCS patients who have done this.....
I think i should have titled the thread differently ? My fear here is twofold... one is getting through the trial with a straight answer and the other is that I've been on strong pain meds for about 4 years and i know I'm gonna need to be under a Doctor's care to get off the meds, so as not to throw my body into complete mayhem....!! Really need direction here! Please chime in!
Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote