View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 08:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

so i went to the doctor today. Well, she didnt even know spontaneous CSF leaks were possible... and then she googled it. She look at symptoms off wikipedia and saw taht symptoms were severe. such as nasea, severe headaches, other disabling symptoms.... and i didnt show any of those ( except for slight dizziness)... so she was pretty sure it wasnt a csf leak. She also ruled out csf leak from brain trauma, because the concussions ive had were nothing severe, never been admitted to the hospital because of a concussion.

She is keeping in mind the possibilty of csf leak, but today she just sent me home with a nasal spray for nasal inflamation and see if that works out. if not i will visit her again next week and we will look into csf further..... but... honestly, i know more than her about csf, i really dunno what else she can do for me if this isnt nasal inflamation.

So, i dont know... i really hope this isnt csf leak. But if it is, i will be living with it until it miraculously heals....

my fever is pretty persistent since last week... had about 5 days worth of tylenol flu, but the low fever hovering around 37 degrees celcius is still there, no other symptoms aside form higher temp. and yesterday, i started having a wet feeling in my ear. It was on and off, but since yesterday night, its been bothering me non stop. Ive been irrating my ear with tissue paper, seeing if theres acutally anything, but my ear is just a bit more moist than my other ear, dont notice any real liquid comnig out... could this be ear leak as well? or am i just overthinking all this??

anyway, the taste is still present... headaches seemed to have lessened, probably due to my higher caffeine consumption...

what can i do for myself if this really is a csf leak that will not be treated?

thankss
any advice si greatly appreciated
calson87 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote