View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default post acdf surgery

Hello, Im new to this site. Recovering from surgery Thur.1/11/07...4 days. spent 1st nite in
hospital...Fri. suppose to leave...got massive migraine, temple area, sides of head swollen. Released @ 3:30ish pm. Fri. 12th...Still constant headache...but o.k. Swelling @ back of neck-spine, right where cervical ends an thoracic
(forgive spelling) begins.Ther is the Normal swelling at neck, incision area, etc. BIGGEST complaint is trying to sleep with hard neck collar, and even soft collar. Most so far was 4 hours sleep. Every time I wake up after 1-2 3 or 4 hrs. of sleep have a brand new muscle PAIN ACHE Anybody experience this problem?? I have Lortab for pain. It doesn't work cuz I needed to use same drug prior to surgery, along w/Flexeril (makes me sleepy) does nada for pain. If anyone can suggest a good pain killer PLEASE email-or post for me...Tramadol, Motrin 600mgs.Skelaxin
NONE of these gave me relief....Also weight gain,
I couldn't exercise for past 3 mos. but managed my weight...now only 4 days post surgery Im blowin up....is it the anesthesia?? the post surgery swelling ?? Help somebody any feedback good or bad I'd love to hear from you. Well I'm staying as positive as I can...prayin all the time for myself and for all my family-friends who
have much more serious issues than me...I'm keeping a POSITIVE ATTITUDE...and I refuse to let
the pain get me down. Please any helpful feedback out there???? God Bless joannema...
joannema@webtv.net...email me if ya like...
joannema is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote