View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:34 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Back in the summer of 2006, about a....month before the optic neuritis smacked into my left eye, I was walking around the block with my dad and my aunt. I dont remember exactly what we were talking about, but I do remember saying something like:

"If I had to lose a sense, I'd rather lose my hearing than my vision."

I can remember that much about the converstion. I freaking jinxed myself when I said that, because it was about a month (mid-august) later that I had the worst headache I'd ever had in my life, went to bed crying and woke up (in more pain) with a ginormous blind spot in my left eye and practically no color vision in that eye.

Prophetic words. I try not to make those kinds of comments anymore. (so double jinx, and anything else to keep that quote up there from smacking me in the eyeball again)

The MS Trolls in my head (and/or spine) are fickle little creatures. They dont like it when I'm having too much fun, or when I want to actually go and do some work or go to school.

I'm hoping to try to go back to school later this winter or next spring, but the last time I tried that, I got diplopia. I'd really like to get a job, but I'm pretty much still unskilled. I was a decent typist until my left hand went numb.

I'd really like to experience the "remitting" part of the Relapsing Remitting MS, because I'm not sure I've experienced the remitting part yet. So far I've been RMS...the MS Trolls must have eaten that second "R"...or they're at least hiding it.

I cant wait for my sprained neck to heal, because I think that has angered the Trolls and that's why I'm feeling more MS-ish than usual the past few weeks. Plus, the sprained neck really really hurts a LOT! I'm starting to reconsider throwing away the Rx for the pain pills that the doctor offered me. (I may have put it in my wallet, but I've been cleaning my room and I think I tossed it accidentally) I wasnt planning on filling the Rx, but now I want to, but I cant find the Rx.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
legzzalot (11-25-2009)