View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 05:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Me again

I just thought I'd share something with you that will make you laugh... well, sort of

While helping to cook dinner last night, I poured boiling water out of a saucepan (that had the cooked potatoes in that we were going to mash) and into the kitchen sink, using a flat strainer thing to keep the potatoes in place. It's like a flat plastic thing with holes all over it and a ledge at one side that you put over the outside rim of the saucepan so it stays where you want it to stay. When you tip the saucepan up, the water goes through the holes but the potatoes stay in the pan. I thought it would be easier to use that than a normal sieve

Unfortunately, though, it didn't do its job. The strainer thing didn't stay in place and it slipped up, causing heaps of water came out from the gap under it, with the water running straight over my RSD affected fingers.

I dropped the saucepan in the sink and jumped all over the place, it hurt so much. I was able to put my fingers under cold water for ages (can't ice them but am ok with cold water when it's absolutely necessary) and thankfully that limited any blisters. Pain levels went through the roof of course, but thankfully it's not so bad now, over 24 hours later. There's a damaged area where it's numb and shiny and not very nice, and my whole hand has swollen up like a balloon, but I'm not as bad today as I thought I would be, so hopefully it'll heal quickly.

I know that's not really funny, but the funny part is how ironic it is-

I can pour boiling-hot water heaps of times without any problems when I'm sleepwalking, but I can't do it safely when I'm awake!
loretta (11-27-2009)