Thread: facial muscles
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 07:05 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Facial muscles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
the "masked face" is very copmmon in PD, as well as your facial muscles seemingly doing the opposite of w hat you would think.

PD is due to a deficiency of dopamine - a chemical that creates the "smooth" jump of a nerve impulse from synapse to synapse. I like to think of it as a wireless network, and something is set up wrong in your profile.

Dopamine affects EVERY muscle in our bodies - that's why we have bladder problems, are prone to pneumonia, have difficulty swallowing, and have constipation. Likewise, when the chemicals are imbalanced, we sometimes get what neurologists call a "brisk" reflex. I think that's what you must be describing. And I see this in PWP frequently. Just pull out that photo album. PWP either have a masked (expressionless) face, or they look like a deer caught in headlights.

lol

Peggy
wELL, EVEN THE MUSCLES IN MY FACE HAVE BEEN HAPPILY AFFECTED by the fava tincture. I still feel an odd sensation part of the time in my lips and bite or suck my lower lip alot...but I am only using 2 drops of tincture a day and want to keep the dose as low as possible / possibly some of the lip problem is now become a habit that may quit after a while???? I hope
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote