View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Uncontrollable jerking after a epidural

I hurt my back and was told I had 5 bulging disk L1 through L5. After 2 months of bed rest with no luck and still having pain in lower back and down left leg was told I needed to get an epidural to help with the pain.
The first epidural reduced the pain in the leg by 50% but did not help in the lower back. I was then given a second epidural and it was painful. I was told to stay off my feet for 48 hours and did so except to use the restroom. 30 min after getting up on the third day I started to jerk in my lower back. My back was pulling in toward my stomach. It has progressive got worst as time went by, now 6 months. The only way I can get it to stop is to lay flat on my back for a period of time. The longer I am up and put pressure on my lower spine the worst it gets and the longer it takes to get it stopped by laying flat.

Have seen several Drs and told everything from caused by stress to it being Myoclonic jerking. But none of them know what caused it or what to do about it. The jerking will even start while sleeping if I roll on my side and but pressure on my lower back.

Can anyone but some light on this or had similar condition after an epidural.
Jerky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote