View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 12:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanB View Post
Hope, I've had rosacea for years too. I never noticed a connection between it and PN flares, but now that you've mentioned it, I'll try to take note of it. Like you, I've been tested as negative for lupus. I have no basis for it whatsoever, but the connection makes sense to me on a gut level (I prefer to call it a "cellular" level).

But you shouldn't take too much stock in what makes sense to me: we were both just fine, rowing and cycling and enjoying life. But ever since we quit smoking, I got cancer, GI problems, a hip replacement, and PN. My partner developed PMR. So we're both whiny messes at this point. She's an amputee from the hip (from childhood) so while we expected a certain number of challenges from life, these new disabilities with both of us have presented us with a whole new set of, um, things that optimists call "new opportunities." At some times we aregiven to wistful memories of when we were both hale, hearty, and smoked. But we never consider starting again, so don't worry about that.

Anyway, I will try to pay attention to when I have rosacea flares and if they coincide with PN flares.

Hi Joan, it is crazy the way life goes. In 2005, I lost a lot of weight, began exercising and eating right and felt wonderful........and then I was hit with every crummy health problem out there. I know it was probably just a coincidence, but geez!
Hope15 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote