View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 01:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyRI View Post
Dear Mom of 4,

I hurt myself at work over 3 years ago. My RSD started in my shoulder but spread first to my neck and head, and then to other parts of my body last winter - I had a terrible time with my feet - they burned like crazy and it hurt to walk on them.

I typically walk at least 3 miles, and sometimes as much as 6 miles, each day. We have a group of group of dog walkers in my neighborhood that make it a point ot start off each morning together - exercising with friends is much better than exercising alone. Keep moving, no matter how much it hurts. All last winter when I walked my feet would hurt at first and then just go numb. Sometimes the swelling was so bad it looked like I had a sprained ankle.

Now I only wear Crocs (my former PT may have told me to do that, can't remember..?). Croc aren't as tight as sneakers, plus they are really light and I think they have made a big difference in how my feet feel. I like the monmouth crocs and the woolly monmouth crocs - they are fur lined and really comfortable. There are a few newer lines out this year that are pretty cute - check out Amazon, they are sometimes on sale and have free shipping. I've seen them at Marshalls, too.

I've also had four lidocaine infusions. They have definitely helped in areas where I had spread- my right leg used to bother me ALL the time. And now it is much, much better. And so are my feet.

All the best to you, and Happy Thanksgiving. XOXOX Sandy
Momof4...

It's keep smilin back with you.. I want to say that you are very welcome for my input... always my pleasure and know that sometimes stuff and experiences coming from others sheds a whole different light..esp. when it is about dreadful RSD.. most of all you have us as your friends!I want to share that I do have the SCS.. ask away about ?'s.. although my RSD did not prove to like it and has spread since I had it implanted in 9/08. Honestly, I don't use it...I also wear "clogs" and things like that so I can slip my sore feet in and out esp. while driving.. that is a sight. AND yes, I agree.. we need to move thru the pain.. it's the most very difficult part of our condition but it is a must...Momof4.. I want to say that if your pm has said that your RSD has spread.. plz. digest it in small doses and know that we care about your here and you are not alone!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
keep smilin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (11-28-2009), loretta (11-25-2009), RNcrps2 (01-05-2010), SBOWLING (11-28-2009)