View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 04:11 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Laureen,

The teeth cleaning was a piece of cake. I took 2 Tegretol before I went (I usually take 2 at night, and 1 at breakfast, 1 at lunch - figured I'd take the 2 in the a.m.) The hygenist was very careful but probably didn't need to be. My gums are red on the lower left, probably from not cleaning as well there for awhile. I know the gums have been sore. The dentist said that should improve as I clean better, if not come back in.

Sounds like a wise choice to wait a week for a decrease. I have some aches and pains now and then but they don't seem to get worse as I decrease, so I'll go to 300 mg of Tegretol tomorrow (Thanksgiving Day).

I was lucky to get in to see my internist today before we left town for Thanksgiving. I made the appointment because of the heartburn that has been bothering me lately. Then last night I got a bad sore throat. That worried me. I didn't want to take germs to my mother-in-law who is in her 90's and I didn't want my husband to get sick, because he has surgery scheduled for next week. My internist is adjusting meds for the heartburn (took me off my osteoporosis medication and added more heartburn medication) and she said my throat is not red - so I am probably not getting a cold or flu (hope not!). It could be from the heartburn! I'm really tired of being dizzy and having all these different problems. I'm getting my strength back from the surgery, I'm getting low enough on Tegretol that side effects should ease - and yet I have all this other stuff happening!

Hope you will have (or have had) a Happy Thanksgiving!