View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 12:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Trophy SPECIAL! Service Dog ID Tags

You will find identifying vests, collars and leashes identifying your support or service dog as being a legally protected working dog. But the vests may overheat your dog, and the collars and leashes are scarcely strongly identifying.

Additionally, many state regulations now require that you have a service dog id that has your pet's photo and information on it. Especially when you travel by public conveyance or try to access government buildings, but also in all situations, an ID like this can smooth things along.

By becoming one of your dog's regular collar tags or by being attached to the business end of his leash, this tag will take care of these problems.

Below is the front and back of the two tags you can order from this company upon your submission of a good identifying photo of your dog along with his name (where the word "Buddy" is displayed below).

Depicts Approximate Actual Size

On the back side of the solid plastic tag is the federal access law. The inked in print on either side is inside the plastic. This is not an inexpensive laminated tag. The second tag can come with a punched hole if you request it. It is normally shipped without a hole and is intended to be carried in your wallet. But some people would prefer to place it on their key chain.
They can be ordered here -
http://www.doggydmv.com/index.htm

In addition, I recently saw a vending machine at WalMart where you could immediately create and walk out with a personalized ID Tag for your pet. The cost is most reasonable, the variety of shapes, colors and sizes very helpful. I would advise you use a city & zip code, but perhaps not a street address. Think about it. But I would recommend you include a cellphone number so you can get calls away from home. Be sure to change tags as often as you change locations or phone numbers.

Teri

Last edited by OneMoreTime; 01-15-2007 at 12:17 AM. Reason: added info about current state regulations
OneMoreTime is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote