View Single Post
Old 11-25-2009, 11:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Well i am definately a MSer..no doubt about it, but my last MRI showed Degenerative Joint and Degenerative Disc Disease... So I can totally get where you are coming from.

Now, it was explained to me that this means I have arthritis in my spine and it is causing "Mild disc bulging..." the MRI report goes on to state that the nerve paths look fine...

My neuro says, well, not a whole lot we can do about that one, she is more concerned with trying to stop new lesions from growing. I started off last year with 11 small ones and now have over 30 and some of them are HUGE.

My Chiro on the other hand... (can't say enough good things about him) explains to me that there isn't exactly a lot of room for error in your spinal cord and even "mild" bulging will cause damage. He also explained that the nerves coming out of those areas lead all over your body so it is not uncommon to have pain in areas where there is no joint dysfunction. I particulary love this guy bc my old chiro would not touch me after looking at my MRIs a few months ago. In fact this is the fifth chiro I consulted and only the fist one who wanted the challenge of my spine.

I would definately follow up with the MRI with neuro number one. It won't hurt to take another look and see what is going on. In the mean time, you can still consult another opinion. But having a second set of scans may help the new doctor to get a better look too. That is my opinion.

Good luck!

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote