Old 11-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
How are you folks getting ready for Thanksgiving?

This year I agreed to an invite to my friend's house.
She is trying to learn to cook and has improved to the level of not-disgusting (sorry - not nice but true). She is serving food that I can't eat or will not eat

-key lime pie--no wheat / gluten
=-=-=
-cranberry sauce in a can -- this I can eat
-deviled eggs --this I can probably eat

I agreed to go because she really enjoys cooking and having people over. And she and I are family -- we've been together for 30 years now.

Sorry to complain and whine. I'm tired. And I have lots of work to do.
And I'd rather hangout with her some other time when it is not turkey day.

M.
Oh Mari, I think I would pass on the staples too except for the Key lime...about the only thing Key Lime I would turn down is Yogurt....I just do not like the tang, texture of it.

Have some wine with the Whine, the nibblets you take and deviled eggs sound yummy.I am the same way about birds....
Enjoy being out, and just eat what makes you feel good. Nice to be thought of and have an invite. Then home with no dishes.

I am going to my ds and dil, doing a deep fried turkey and tons of sides, so it will be a long day.

I will look at the Black Friday AD's and see what the sales will be, just to make a list and check it twice. It will be tight Christmas Until our finances get back in order.
I was so hoping dh would have been working again at least pt. We just started picking up security work over night shifts mostly...He had to pull a 14 hr last week for remodeling crews that were locked in a mall.We were going to break it up at 7 hrs a piece, but I ended up sick as a dog, and he could not open the store after the crews had gone.

I am rattling, but keeping the mind busy to make it through the start of the holidays.........
What ever we all do tomorrow, from watch tv, to have dinner with trimmings, everyone is in my thoughts and I give thanks to the gang.
Di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (11-26-2009), Mari (11-26-2009)