View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 01:31 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Our Town

I guess we are in an area that is still backward Bizi. Kids don't have cell phones. Few Moms do, many mons have a second car now, what an uproar when when one Mom got a Hummer...but parked it when gas went up to $3.25 a gal. Most have used cars. WE go to consignment shop to find lable clothing, kids take group dance lessons, kids take buses to school don;t drive. Many kids have after school jobs, watch their siblings, or tutor.

the school system has only 3,000 students in all grades K-12. Some go to voc tech, soccer players, little leauge, football and basketball, Girls take states in Hockey Near Yearly. Most boy serve on the volunteer fire company, and girls the ambulance and fire company. One boy went to Pittsburg steelers, another recently on another team, we had a basketball player playing pro right now.

BUt, I did have kids in groups that had the parties with illegal activites in certain gangs that were upper class neighborhoods. In fact their parents had them there and would cover it up. Kids have big bowl of any pills from parents they could find, perc's, valium, xanax was a biggie, Klonopin, and Oxy's. ANother biggie was whipetts, nitrous gas. They buy cansters for whip cream, look like the paint ball canasters and inhale the gas, robs the blood of oxygen.......

I also had several Accidents DUI that teens were killed.
scary stuff, but it was the few the group, the kids that had the mucho money, no job, no responsibility, no accountability,

The busier the teen was and more responsibility, the kinder and more generous they were. Up here outside the Poconos anyway
Di

Pocono area, PA