View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyrica withdrawal

I was prescribed 75 mg of Lyrica 3 times a day about 2 years ago. The doctor said it would help with the nerve pain I sometimes had with spinal stenosis and spinal arthritis. Some of the side effects I noticed were weight gain and a problem talking. Sometimes I just couldn't get the words out. It's very embarrassing. I talked to the doctor about it. She said that that symptom is usually caused when people don't take it 3 times a day, but only once or twice. She urged me to take it 3 times a day, or at the very least, not to skip the evening dose. The other night I was on the phone with my daughter and could barely talk. I decided to quit taking Lyrica yesterday. Surprise! Chills, fever, crying. At first I thought it might be the flu. But, just in case it was from stopping the medication, I took one last night and then slept well. This morning I had to take it again because of nerve pain. What's up with these withdrawal symptoms? I'm going to try to wean myself off slowly instead and will let everyone know how that goes! I'm open for suggestions, comments, etc. I feel just fine today - fever and chills are gone.
Janmarq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (11-28-2009), mellowguy (11-29-2009)