View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 12:51 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I couldnt wear my usual bra earlier this fall because of the numbness that I had on the left side. I went out and bought a sport bra, and that was great for about a month or two...then I couldnt wear it anymore.

I'm able to wear my regular bra again now, I'm guessing because I'm numb on both sides now... But, I have to wear it so loose that it's not all that effective in doing what it's designed to do.

About the only shirts that I can stand to wear lately are men's t-shirts, but I've been wearing men's t-shirts fairly exclusively even before I knew I had MS. (they're cut better than women's, and they're cheaper than women's t-shirts.)

I tend to wear my clothes a little larger than I need. So, most of my t-shirts right now are 4X's. I'm swimming in them, but at least I'm comfy.

I had to buy mommy jeans (not pregnant jeans, but jeans that some women wear once they hit their 40's. A friend of mine, who happens to be a mom, told me that they're called mommy jeans) I havent been able to wear regular jeans since before I got diagnosed with MS. Something about the way they were cut, or maybe the zippers and buttons had something to do with it, but the fabric of my old jeans made my skin crawl.

The mommy jeans have denim that is so much softer, and actually feels like it wears better. I get mine at Kmart. They dont seem to wear out at the ankles like my old Levi jeans used to after a few months of wearing them.

I've noticed that I seem to prefer cotton clothes now. I used to love to wear velvet tops in the winter, but now I cant stand having polyester anywhere near my skin. If I do wear one of my velvet tops, I have to have a t-shirt (longsleeve T's if the top is a longsleeve) on underneath the top.

I dont wear sweaters anymore unless they're a cardigan, but they cant be wool. I can wear acrylic sweaters tho. I love sweater vests, so I've got a nice collection of those now. I'm hoping to be able to knit my own vests someday. (I've already crocheted myself a couple. Only one turned out nice enough that I'll wear it in public) If my hands both end up staying numb, I probably wont be crocheting or knitting much longer tho.

I love terrycloth socks! I've always loved terrycloth socks, but now they're the best thing to wear. I especially love the feel of brand new terrycloth socks. I have more socks than I have of any other type of clothing. The socks get tossed as soon as they get a hole in them tho. Feet are sensitive and when the socks get holes, they're never comfy anymore. Even if the hole is in an area where holes in socks never used to bug me before.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (11-26-2009)