View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 02:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayb View Post
hi as a 17 year old. i have suffered through what is called post concussion syndrome for almost two years now. after being in a car accident my freshman year, i didn't start showing symptoms until about 10 months in the beginning of my sophomore year. now that the doctors have figured out what exactly is wrong with me and started treated me, i have been going to chiropractic therapy for about 11 months now. but i'm still having trouble coping and hanging in there just waiting for this to finally be over so i can get back to my normal life. does anyone have any ideas of what i can do to maybe help make this a little bit easier or any ideas of things i can do to help myself with this "syndrome" Any help is very much appreciated. thank you

I know exactly what you're going through, I was 12 when I had my car accident, I suffered all through school, with kids making fun of me becuase I got hit by a truck, I was have extreme outbursts, screaming at them.

My teachers just thought it was disapline problem, when I kept telling them it was from the accident......they thought I was making it up. I couldn't remember how to do simple things, so I had to re-learn all over again.

I finally got sent to an alternative school for emotionally challenged...not metally. there is a difference. And it helped me graduated on time, they did one on one schooling, and they let you work at your pace.

The biggest problem I had was I would get the homework done, put it in my book and forget it was there and was too late to turn it in. or I would need more time to comprehend what I was reading.

So don't worry I'm 20 now, went through school, graduated, I now work at a plasma center, and have found effective coping skills to become an active adult.
Ravage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote