View Single Post
Old 11-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up Great progress today!!

Ok, today started with some hissing but gradually Rocky has warmed up to Daisy.
He had a good morning for one thing, with lots of attention from DH, and I played with him for awhile before Daisy was brought downstairs. Later DS brought her down and he started sniffing at her so that was good. It seems like butt sniffing is a prerequisite for friendship or acceptance.

He followed her around and gradually starting relaxing somewhat. Then this afternoon he started playing with her!

He has a large scratching post and she was starting to climb one side of it and he started clawing on the other side. He'd peek around at her and she'd poke at his nose, lol.

Then she was hiding under some coats hanging on the stairway railing and he'd poke at her and she'd poke back out at him.
He's really strong though and has big paws with large claws so I'm not going to leave them unsupervised for a couple more weeks and she gets a little bigger. Although, her little front paws are like tiny sabers.

She's not afraid to poke him in the nose, or arch her back and bounce sideways toward him.

He did give her a couple of clawless whacks that were too hard though so we have to be careful for awhile.

She also sniffed his empty food dish and took a drink of his water and he didn't react!!
I'm amazed and thrilled that they're getting acquainted so fast. He really needed a friend and playmate. He was getting so lonely and bored so often.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote